Mounting your projector on the ceiling gives it a superior angle and fixes any distortions. It can also make the image a lot clearer. However, there are many variations of ceiling mounts. So, you need to find out which one fits your specific needs. Otherwise, you may end up disappointed with the results.
To determine a good projector ceiling mount, we need to look at its key elements such as adjustability, material, angles, weight capacity, compatibility, etc. I’ve taken all of these into consideration and made a list so that you can find the best projector ceiling mount that perfectly fits your needs.
To get the most out of your projector, you’ll need to determine which mount’s description best fits your scenario. I’ve gathered up and laid down all the important information necessary to help determine the best mount.
Keep reading to learn more about the best projector mounts on the market!
List of Best Projector Ceiling Mount:
10 Best Projector Ceiling Mount Reviews
Mounting your projector to the ceiling is one of the most effective ways to improve image quality and make your setup look a lot cleaner. So, here’s a list of the projector ceiling mounts to choose from various types.
1. VIVO Universal Adjustable Ceiling Projector Mount
This fully adjustable ceiling mount is one of the most affordable low profile projector mounts. But despite its affordability, it doesn’t cut any corners when it comes to quality and functionality.
It can hold up to 30 LBS. (around 13 kg), which is more than what an average overhead projector weighs. This feature means there will always be some headroom for its weight capacity, which is good for durability and longevity.
This is a low-profile mount which means the projector will be mounted only 6 inches away from the ceiling surface. Having less space between the projector and the ceiling makes the setup look more aesthetic and is ideal for homes.
The white finish also blends in well with the surroundings.
- Great adjustability providing maximum viewing angles
- The low profile appearance looks visually pleasing
- Good weight capacity
- Solid build-quality with decent mounting hardware
- The universal mount supports all kinds of projectors
- It can be difficult to install due to the lack of space.
The VIVO universal mount will satisfy you if you want an affordable mount that can fit into small spaces and be adjusted according to your needs. Just be wary of the installation process, and you’re good to go.
2. YiePhiot Mini Ceiling Wall Projector Mount
If you’re looking for something simple with hassle-free installation, this projector mount from YiePhiot will appeal to you. This is an extended wall mount with simple 3 screws mounting system that supports a wide range of projectors.
The overall ease of use of this mount is great. It has two knobs that you use to tilt and rotate the projector to get the best angle.
Although it does not provide the full adjustability of every axis like some other mounts, the simplicity makes it worth it if you’re not too geeky about it.
Where this mount shines is its installation process. It requires only three screws to mount directly to your ceiling. Attaching the projector is also fairly simple as it connects with tripod screws.
So, you do have to make sure your projector has tripod screw holes if you’re thinking of picking it up.
- Very simple and straightforward installation
- Sturdy body with a 5 KG safety load
- An extended pole allows you to get superior angles
- Decent adjustability in tilting and rotation
- Stable viewing experience
- Only supports projectors with tripod screw holes
This mount is ideal for setting up their projector fast and easily without much hassle. It gets the job done perfectly.
3. Duronic Projector Mount
The Duronic projector mount is built for longevity and durability, featuring excellent build quality and premium materials. Its core materials are wood, aluminum, and alloy steel. These help keep the projector sturdy in all situations, so you always get a clear and stable image.
A special feature of this mount is that it is designed to prevent your projector from overheating. The cooling vents of your projector are generally on the bottom side where you attach the mount. This ceiling mount attaches to a minimal surface area, so the vents are not obstructed or blocked, thus preventing overheating.
It also supports full adjustably, meaning you can rotate the projector 360 degrees and tilt it up to 90 degrees.
You can even tilt the entire mount up to 90 degrees, which is a bit of overkill, but it’s still a nice feature.
- Designed to prevent overheating
- Supports full adjustability on all axis
- Very high-quality materials
- Sturdy build quality allows it to mount to very heavy projectors
- The fairly simple installation process with clear guiding
- A long mounting pole is not ideal for small rooms
The Duronic projector mount should be considered for someone looking for durability and longevity. However, it is more suitable for large rooms with lots of space because the mounting pole sticks out far down the ceiling. Hence, it takes up a lot of space and looks out of place in smaller rooms.
4. VIVO Universal Extending Ceiling Projector Mount
This projector mount has one unique feature that most others on this list don’t; height adjustability. Aside from the general adjustments (tilt, swivel, and rotation), the height of the mounting pole can be adjusted as well. You can extend its distance from the ceiling surface from 15 to 23 inches.
It features a quick release projector mount to make the installation process reasonably easier. But this also means you can take out the projector without much hassle by loosening a few screws.
This mount’s simple yet sturdy design makes it an ideal pick among home theater projector mounting options. Also, because you can adjust the height, you can find the perfect viewing angle.
- Offers various mounting options for different projector models
- A simple cable management system provides a clean look
- Retractable projector ceiling mount allows you to get the best angle
- The projector can be detached from the mount very easily
- Can hold up to 30 LBS of weight without failure
- Height adjustability is only ideal for homes with high ceilings.
If you have a high ceiling and need a bit of a reach to get the right angle on your projector, then this mount by VIVO is the best extending ceiling projector mount for you. Its other features are also solid with no major drawbacks.
5. QualGear PRB-717-Blk Ceiling Mount Projector
Amongst low profile projector mounts, the Qualgear ceiling mount has some quirky features. One of the most prominent features is that it can mount very large projectors. The mounting brackets can be extended to match the width of the projector up to 16 inches.
Being a low-profile mount, it is ideal for homes with low ceilings. The design is very sophisticated and goes with most household setups. It has decent adjustability in terms of tilt and rotation.
There are two parts to this mount, the ceiling mount and the extended pole. This makes the installation process much easier as you can first install the ceiling mount and then attach the extended pole to it. It also means that you can separate the projector whenever needed.
- Extendable brackets allow it to mount to large projectors
- Snap-on/snap off design allows for easy installation and removal
- 60 degrees maximum tilt makes it ideal for sloped ceilings
- Built from cold-rolled steel, ensuring durability and longevity
- Sophisticated design makes it look good in most office/household spaces
- A large mounting bracket might obstruct heat vents, causing overheating.
The Qualgear ceiling mount is excellent for a low ceiling or a sloped ceiling. It is easily adjustable and well built. All the necessary mounting hardware and instructions come with the package.
6. Suptek White Projector Ceiling Mount
The only 3 in 1 multipurpose mount on our list, the Suptek ceiling mount can be mounted onto ceilings and on walls and sloped ceilings. Alongside this special feature, it has all the bells and whistles of an extended ceiling mount.
It features a drop down ceiling projector mount that can be separated and allows you to attach the bracket directly to the projector mounted on ceiling, essentially making it a low profile. The projector bracket can be tilted up to 90 degrees, ideal for sloped ceilings.
This mount is completely resistant to rust since it’s made out of aluminum alloy and stainless steel. The sturdy build allows it to mount onto walls and stably hold its position with projectors up to 30 LBS.
- Can be mounted onto flat ceilings, sloped ceilings, and walls
- Telescoping projector mount allows you to adjust height
- It can be used as a low profile mount
- Resistant to humidity and rust
- The adjustable mounting bracket supports both small and large projectors
- Tricky installation process
If you’re looking for a projector that can be mounted onto different surfaces, then the Suptek projector mount has got you covered. The mount should serve you well once you get past the installation process, which can be a bit of a hassle.
7. AMER Projector Mount
The AMER adjustable overhead projector mount doesn’t have any special quirks, but its basic features are solid. It’s a very easy option to suggest to anyone, as it has no noticeable drawbacks. The mount does what it’s supposed to do, really well.
The installation process is extremely simple. You can separate the mounting bracket and install the projector, then attach it to the ceiling mount just by pushing it in. No screws are required! It secures very strongly and can hold up to 30 LBS.
This projector mount specifically has holes for cable management. You can run the wires to your projector through those holes, hiding them and making your setup more aesthetic.
- The very simple installation process with a drop-in mounting bracket
- Efficient cable management system to make your setup more appealing
- Well-grounded build and reasonable adjustability
- An adjustable mounting bracket allows for universal projector installation
- Resistant to decaying overtime
- Limited adjustability in swivel and tilt
If you’re looking for a simple mount that can be installed easily, look no further than the AMER projector mount. This solid deal checks almost all the boxes for a high-quality projector mount.
8. WALI Projector Ceiling Mount
One of the most versatile ceiling mounts on this list, the WALI projector ceiling mount can be attached to almost any type of ceiling, including concrete, brick, and wooden ceilings. Its horizontal swivel allows it to work as a vaulted ceiling projector mount, thus it can be mounted onto sloped ceilings and still project a plain and flat image.
Once set up, the projector stays almost flush with the ceiling, only leaving enough gaps for cooling. This provides a very clean and minimalistic look, ideal for small rooms.
The mounting bracket supports full-sized projectors for tretre and mini projectors. Like most other projectors, the weight limit is 30 LBS, and it comes with all the necessary screws and mounting hardware.
- Mounts to various kinds of ceiling surfaces
- It can be swiveled up to 15 degrees to level the projected image
- Holes and gaps in the mounting bracket prevent overheating
- A clean and minimalistic appearance elevates the look of your setup
- Supports very small projectors with a minimum diameter of 2 inches
- No cable management system
This projector mount is ideal for someone looking for a lot of versatility. It is a great choice for you if you have a wooden ceiling or a sloped ceiling. If you care about looks, the lack of cable management is something to consider.
9. Epson – Universal Projector Ceiling Mount Kit
If you’re looking for precise and fine adjustments for your projector, you should look into this mount by Epson. It features safety gears in the joints, ensuring smooth and precise movement. The mount can hold the projector at many different angles, giving you a lot of flexibility to set it up.
Every part of this mount has a premium build with an ergonomic design, providing maximum efficiency in holding up the projector. It supports most projectors since it’s a universal mount, but it will work especially well with an Epson projector since the weight distribution and mounting holes are optimized accordingly.
Aside from the benefits that it provides a low-profile mount, it can also be extended from the ceiling up to 3 inches. The cable management is really good and can successfully hide all the cables if done right.
- Precise and fine adjustment of the projector for the best possible image
- Ergonomic and efficient build with premium materials
- Easy to mount and fully compatible with most projector models
- Low-profile design with up to 3 inches of extension
- Very convenient cable management with speed-connect plate
- Considerably expensive than other mounts
The Epson Universal ceiling mount is for someone who has previous experience with projectors and mounts. It’s also worth considering if you have an Epson projector, and you want the best adjustability. But if you are willing to pay the expense, this mount will not disappoint.
10. ProHT Universal Wall and ceiling projector bracket
Lastly, we have the cheapest ceiling mount on our list; the ProHT universal ceiling mount. But don’t let the price fool you as it has very few compromises. It’s also a 2-in-1 mount, so it can be mounted onto both walls and ceilings, which is a great feature at this price range.
Its design is very simple; it has a steel pole connecting the ceiling mount to the projector bracket. The overall build feels sturdy enough, and the projector holds its position decently well.
The installation process only includes screws, so it’s fairly straightforward; no special mounting tools are required. The mounting bracket for projector can be detached from the extended pole without removing the projector, so you can easily take out the projector for maintenance.
- Great feature set considering the price
- 2 in 1; can be mounted on both walls and ceilings
- Rigid body built with aluminum and steel
- A minimalistic approach to installation
- Easily detachable mounting bracket allows for simple maintenance
- Has no adjustability
If you’re on a budget and need a solid mount to get the job done, then the proHT projector mount is ideal. The specification it offers at its price certainly leaves no room to complain.
Projector Mount Types
To get the best image from your projector that is not distorted, you need to mount the projector at the right angle. That’s where projector mounts come in. Mounts help you attach the projector to certain surfaces and help you achieve an undistorted image.
When it comes to the projector mounts, there are two major types, the ceiling mount and the wall mount.
A ceiling mount projector bracket installs to your ceiling and attaches the projector to it with the help of mounting brackets and extension poles. If you don’t have ceiling fans in your room, then mounting your projector on the ceiling is the better option as it provides the best angle.
The ceiling mount is the more popular option among the two, and many universal projector mounts support most projectors on the market.
Like the name, a wall mount installs your projector horizontally to the wall. Wall mounts typically don’t have much room for adjustments (i.e., tilt, swivel, and rotation), so getting the right angle is more difficult. However, if you cannot mount your projector to the ceiling, this is the way to go.
You can find multipurpose projector mounts in the market that allow ceiling and wall mounting.
Projector Ceiling Mount Installation Ideas: How To Mount A Projector To Ceiling?
To mount a projector to ceiling, you need a projector roof mount. There are various kinds of ceiling mounts available on the market. Low profile, extended, height adjustable, multipurpose, etc., are the basic types you will encounter.
To make things simple for you-
- Go for low profile projector mount with a low ceiling and a small room.
- If you have a high ceiling and a big room, pick up an extended height-adjustable or a motorized projector mount.
- Consider multipurpose mounts that can attach to both walls and ceilings if you cannot mount them on the ceiling or if you have a sloped ceiling.
Now that you know which type of mount to buy, get one that suits your needs and make sure it’s a universal ceilingmount kit for projector. Before installing, you need to figure out how far your projector needs to be from the screen and the ceiling.
You can check your projector’s specifications to learn the optimal distance between the projector projection screen and the projector. Your projector needs to be placed in the middle of the screen horizontally and vertically. It can be somewhere in-between the center and the top of the screen.
Once you figure out exactly where the mount needs to be situated, follow the instructions with your projector mount. The instructions are unique to the specific models, so you need to follow yours.
Alternatively, if you have a projector shelf, you can consider hanging projector shelf from ceiling mount. You just have to make the necessary screw holes in the shelf.
Can Short Throw Projectors Be Ceiling Mount?
Short-throw projectors can properly display an image from a short distance (some as short as 3 feet). Setting up a projector so close to the screen can block the view. It can also take up a lot of space if you’re running short on space, so mounting the projector on the ceiling is very appealing.
To directly answer the question, yes, short-throw projectors can be mounted on the ceiling. But there’s a catch; there are two types of short-throw projectors. Regular short-throw projectors and ultra-short-throw projectors. Only the regular ones can be mounted on the ceiling.
Ultra-short throw (UST) projectors require being only inches away from the screen, which is not ideal for ceiling mounts. However, a regular short-throw projector that sits at an average of 5 feet away from the screen can be easily installed. It will require a bit of adjustment to get the best image.
To mount a short-throw projector on the ceiling, you will need one of the low profile projector mounts. Extended pole mounts might obstruct the view since the projector will sit so close to the screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How far should the projector screen be from the ceiling?
We can’t exactly tell you the distance; it’s something you need to figure out because the height of all ceilings is not the same. The screen should be placed just a bit above your eye line. It shouldn’t be too high, or it can cause neck pain during extended watching sessions. 10-15 degrees above the eye line is generally good.
2. How do you power a projector from the ceiling?
There are two ways you can do this. You can purchase an extended power cable long enough to connect your projector, run through the ceiling, and plug it into your nearest power socket. Or, you can just use an extension socket.
3. Can all projectors be mounted on the ceiling?
As long as the projector has the necessary screw holes for mounting, it can be mounted on the ceiling. But there are exceptions; portable projectors and ultra-short-throw projectors are not ideal for ceiling mounting.
4. How to install a projector screen on the ceiling?
Once you’ve bought the projector screen, find out where you want to install it. Take out the brackets that come with the screen, and drill the necessary holes in the ceiling to attach the brackets. Mount the screen onto the brackets according to the instructions, and you’re all good to go.
All of the mounts mentioned in this list have their respective perks. However, the QualGear PRB-717-Blk Ceiling Mount Projector is easy to recommend for its reliability and consistency. While installing, make sure you properly follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
That being said, I hope now you can choose the best projector ceiling mount for yourself.