It’ s great to be on a winning team – just ask a certain Herr Gomez. And Berlin is the top startup striker in Europe right now, so if you want to make like Mario, then just browse our Jobs of the Week and you’ll hopefully be scoring a winner in no time…
Sidekick to the CTO/Technical Consultant
Our CTO and Co-founder is looking for a sidekick. Being the CTO at Wooga is not about being the “lead engineer”, telling people how to write software. It’s about responsibilities regarding recruiting, organising and developing our games teams. There are a lot of projects in these areas that are really important, but we need a future colleague and this is where you come into play.
About the role
- Wooga has a unique IT organisation: There is no team lead in our engineering teams. That leads to a situation where feedback talks are difficult, because usually your manager is not in the same team as you. You will help me to develop a state-of-the art peer-based 360-degree feedback concept, and work with me to implement it.
- I am invited to conferences frequently to talk about what we do. You will work with me on a rock-star presentation that will make anyone who hears me talk want to apply for a job immediately.
- Every ambitious team wants to know how they are doing, wants to have some useful metric to see how they perform. You will help me work on an intelligent, modern way to introduce IT controlling.
- There will be some smaller task as well. Even at Wooga you will get the chance to show off your Excel magic skills in a spreadsheet from time to time.
- You have to be smart. “Getting things done” mentality, high motivation, assertiveness, diplomatic attitude, quick learner. All that stuff. No compromises here.
- You recently graduated in Computer Science or Business Informatics from a well-known university and you are among the top 30% of Master or Bachelor Degree students.
- Technical background is necessary. If you think that Ruby is a precious stone this is not the right job for you. You have to have a very good understanding how software and the internet work.
- You briefly considered applying at McKinsey. You are confident you have a shot with them, but after thinking it through you came to the conclusion that you don’t want to fly around as an Excel servant for the next two years, you want to be an entrepreneur, and you want to get into the Berlin startup scene. You don’t feel ready to start your own startup yet, but you want to get a job where you can gather the necessary experience.
About the benefits
- A fast-paced job. New challenges all the time.
- Helping to shape one of Europe’s fastest growing startup
- An interesting title. You can choose between “IT development manager”. Or “Sidekick to the CTO”. Or you can suggest your own idea.
If you want to join our great team please send your application to Stephan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Country Manager UK (m/f)
barcoo links products in stores with independent consumer information. Your mobile phone becomes a barcode scanner and shows you everything you need to save money, take care of your health and our environment: price comparison, test reports, health, green and sustainability information. See us in action on flickr.
With currently more than six million downloads, barcoo is one of the most successful apps in Europe. Behind this success stands checkitmobile GmbH, a start-up in Berlin-Kreuzberg.
About the role
You are responsible for the UK expansion of barcoo. At the heart of this position is:
- Business Development: identifying new content sources, initiate and negotiate relations with possible partners
- Product Management: coming up with (content-) features that might help make barcoo more useful and valuable for UK consumers
- Content Marketing: identifying possible PR stories and coordinating our UK PR efforts.
- You will be working in our Berlin office and travelling to London on demand.
- UK native
- Based in Berlin or willing to move to Berlin
- Willing to take on responsibility for personnel in a growing start-up
- Professional experience preferably in the internet industry
- Good technical understanding of mobile and internet technologies
- Experience in Product Management desirable
- Affinity to sustainable lifestyle
- Knowledge and experience in developing business relationships
- Sound understanding of the British consumer market and society
- Presentational skills and outgoing personality
About the offer
- The opportunity to create a successful mobile service in UK based on barcoo’s success in Germany. Millions of consumers use our app to help with their next purchase. Work with people who passionately develop and improve the barcoo project.
- A growing start-up gives you many opportunities for personal development, and to take responsibilities. We offer not only a great working environment in a successful startup, but also an exciting location in the heart of Berlin as well as travels to London and the opportunity to progress with us in a rapidly evolving industry: the mobile Internet.
Atlantic Ventures is looking for an Entrepreneur-in-Residence and CEO
Atlantic Ventures is an entrepreneurial ventures firm focused on creating and supporting innovative ventures. Led by Christophe Maire, who co-founded Gate5, Plazes and txtr and has 15 years of experience in company building and investing, we have been involved in numerous success stories such as SoundCloud, Amen, Gidsy and Monoqi. As we prepare to start our next venture, we want you to join our team as Entrepreneur-in-Residence and CEO.
- Completed studies in business or another relevant field, ideally with a Masters degree from a renowned university or an MBA from a top-tier business school
- Several years of work experience in a challenging, fast-paced environment (eg management consulting, eCommerce or other startup, etc)
- Advanced interpersonal and leadership skills – ability to build, motivate, structure and grow a functionally diverse team
- Strong analytical skills – ability to set up efficient business processes and develop an organization from scratch
- Keen and able to cover a broad range of topics from consumer branding and marketing to operations, IT and finance
- Passionate about living the lifestyle of an entrepreneur – pragmatic, bias for action and comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent German and English skills
About the offer
- The chance to run a disruptive internet company within the next three months
- Access to a broad and strong network within the internet industry
- Adequate compensation plus attractive equity stake
- Location: Berlin-Mitte
- Start: Immediately
How to apply
Send your CV and a few lines on why you’re the right person for this position to email@example.com
Amen is looking for the world’s best summer interns ever: Content and Community
The best Berlin based startup ever is looking for the world’s most awesome summer interns.
Amen is opinionated, honest, funny and addictive. It is the place for creating and sharing opinions about the extraordinary things in life. Take a stand about the best (or the worst) people, places, things and ideas. Our users are saying that “checking Amen instead of Facebook every 10 minutes is the best new habit they have“. You know what you’re in for. More opinions on Amen here.
- Preferably an English native speaker or perfectly fluent
- Creative, opinionated, lifestyle lover, have tons of amazing ideas worth sharing and a good writer
- A social media addict who loves iOS, tumblr, Photoshop, Twitter and “holy” virality
- A motivated team player and generally an exciting and awesome person
How to apply
Send your CV and a few lines on why you’re the right person for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
PS: Summer in Berlin with Amen? Best experience ever!
Employers – get the best international candidates for your company
If you’re interested in posting your latest job listings here please send an email to email@example.com