The newest episode of Startup Notes interviewed Gian Luca Petrelli, the co-founder of Italian startup BeMyEye, and it is worth a listen.
Petrelli dives into “how he came up with the idea to build Europe’s biggest crowd community of real-world data gathers.”
In May 2016, the startup raised a €6.5 million (6.8 million USD) Series B round, according to crunchbase.
“We were lucky enough to raise money with just paper in our hands.”
In this episode:
- How he went from olive oil producer to founder of Europe’s biggest crowd community of real-world data gathers
- Why having a personal need is the best starting point for a successful business
- How Facebook helped BeMyEye build their community, even in small Italian villages
- His most exciting and most devastating moments as an entrepreneur
- What he would do differently and what he would do exactly the same next time