Buy Heureka Conference 2019 Tickets

€99 EXCL. VAT

Startup Tickets

  • Lazy Bird - €125,00
  • Standard - €149,00
Buy Now
€299 EXCL. VAT

Service Tickets

  • Lazy Bird - €375,00
  • Standard - €449,00
Buy Now
€40 EXCL. VAT

Student Tickets

  • Lazy Bird - €55,00
  • Standard - €75,00
Buy Now

Infographic: Here's what it'll cost to get your app to the top of the European App Stores Written by Liam Boogar on 10. June 2013

TradeMob infographic

TradeMob infographic

width="98"This article was originally posted on the Rude Baguette, an English-language tech blog covering the French market. You can follow the Rude Baguette at @RudeBaguette or via email subscription.

A recent infographic released by app marketing platform TradeMob affirmed not only that there is a price on each country’s top charts but that it’s variable per country. The study examined the cost per install of each country, the “organic lift” in gaming and non-gaming sectors, and the number of installs required to get a Top 10 rank in the iOS App Store in the US, UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain.

For France, the breakdown came as follows: It takes 13,000 installs to get your app to the top charts. The study also concluded that while gaming apps generate on average one non-paid installation per paid install, non-gaming apps generate 0.65 organic installs per paid install. So, for non-gaming apps, this means you only need to purchase about 60 per cent of the 13,000 app installs needed to get to the top, and the other 40 per cent will be organic downloads (what TradeMob calls “organic uplift”).

With each paid installation costing on average €1, we simply do the math of 13,000 x 60% x €1 = €7,800 (or €6,500 for gaming apps). Not bad.
So, while startups like AppGratis are taking fire for putting a price on the top charts, it seems that the formula is becoming predictable: [Number of Overall Installs Required for Top Spot] x [Cost per Paid Install] x [1/(1+”Organic Uplift”)].
The real question is when the top charts have a price tag, will they become less valuable?
You can check out different country costs on the full infographic, available here.

FOR RELATED POSTS, CHECK OUT:

Berlin’s TradeMob is going global – with a fresh $15m from Kennet Partners
Infographic: Berlin’s startup hype in numbers
“People don’t know what they want until you show it to them” – Xyo rolls out new social app search