Figuring out what’s important to you is the first step towards satisfaction. We’ve made the next step easier by gathering together some of the most exciting startup job opportunities in Berlin, Barcelona and beyond. Take a look at this week’s list, brush up your CV and remember not to pay too much attention to the haters…
Glispa is looking for a Senior Mobile Media Buyer
In order to cater to fast-paced growth, we are looking for a candidate with a deep understanding of the mobile space to join our team in Berlin and play an instrumental role in expanding our mobile capability.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop marketing and media buying strategies for new clients and campaigns
- Build campaigns using multiple advertising platforms
- Negotiate terms, plan and manage daily media spending
- Optimise and analyse campaign performance data
- Work closely with the client service team to continuously grow your campaigns through new publisher acquisition and growing current top publishers
- Identify, prospect and support the acquisition process of new advertisers within your category
- Participate in briefings with select agency and strategic clients.
- Two to four years of relevant online marketing experience in a media buying capacity, and one to two years where the primary focus was experience as a mobile media buyer.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field from an accredited university with high grades
- Fluency in English, German (not mandatory but preferred) and preferably one more European language.
- Exceptional personal drive to achieve success and deliver bottom-line results
- Positive, entrepreneurial attitude, yet disciplined and detailed-oriented.
If this position at Glispa sounds like you, please send your application to jessica.eliason@
Moviepilot needs a Frontend Developer
Moviepilot is a leading provider of discovery services and recommendations for movies and TV series. Powered by Germany’s largest movie community, we offer on-demand, truly personalised suggestions based on individual taste, usage context, in-depth content analysis and social interaction. Moviepilot is based in Berlin, Germany and Los Angeles, USA. We are searching for committed and passionate people who are willing to drive our company forward. If you feel this describes you, please tell us why you should fill the following available role:
- Take responsibility for all our dynamic frontend developments
- Create and improve innovative features for moviepilot.de using modern technologies
- Help us to develop new ideas and concepts to provide the best user experience we can give
- Good knowledge of different JS libraries and frameworks (eg jQuery, Backbone)
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, HTTP and REST API’s
- Enjoy writing Coffeescript and HAML
- Familiar with frontend deployment processes and tools like Git and Github
- Heard about “Ruby on Rails” and agile web development
- Experience with frontend performance (mobile and web)
- Passionate about creating meaningful products
You’re the person for the job if you…
- Have a good sense for usability
- Thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Have a developed interest in social media
- Always work diligently to ensure the job gets done, and done well
- Are enthusiastic about learning new skills
- Have a passion for movies and would love for this to be the basis of your work
If this profile matches your expertise, experience and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your complete CV, including salary requirements and a possible starting date.
Please email your application in English or German to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject of your email should be “Frontend Developer”.
Upnext Ltd. is looking for a UX/Concept Designer
Be ready to exercise your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills to own the experience for wide variety of products for mobile and web.
Upnext UX/Concept Designers make the complex simple and see details not as just details, but as the product. We will expect you to first sketch your ideas, and then be ready to jump in and use whatever tools are necessary to create complete flows for mobile and web projects.
- The UX/Concept Designer thinks beyond the pages, modules, and elements
- Design usable yet emotionally rich user experiences by getting to the heart of users’ needs and expectations
- Demonstrate great passion for visual design, see the difference between “good” and “great” work and be able to succesfully collaborate with our visual designers to deliver excellent design
- Prototype: Develop a methodology of rapid iteration and experimentation, and prototype to various levels of resolution
- Create documentation: Provide deliverables (including flowcharts, wireframes, pixel perfect mocks and animations) that enable software developers to build applications offering a delightful user experience.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Professional experience in UX and design for consumer mobile or web environments
- Proven experience in design for mobile devices is a must
- Ease in a fast-paced, highly-dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills: Strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills
- Fluent English
What we offer
An international, energetic company with team-oriented atmosphere and flat hierarchies. A great deal of freedom and the real possibility to make a difference. Working in the centre of buzzing Berlin Mitte in a startup environment.
Please submit a strong portfolio of UX design that showcases deep conceptual and interaction design skills to email@example.com.
We are looking for someone who knows how to create a great user experience – and not just flashy UI designs.
Ofertia is looking for a Lead Developer / Technical Director
You want to…
- Play an active and hands-on role in the technical development of a high-traffic web and mobile applications platform
- Build a team of experienced web developers and system administrators
- Take crucial technical decisions related to operations, development and scalability
And you are looking for…
- A new challenge with demanding development tasks, management responsibilities and an attractive long-term perspective
- A team-oriented management style where you can bring in your ideas and have a direct impact on the development of the company
- A young, motivated and ambitious work atmosphere
- An attractive compensation package
- A great office located in the middle of Barcelona’s startup scene
- Have completed studies in computer science (or similar technical studies)
- Are a team player and you work goal oriented, independently and with a high quality standard
- Bring in motivation and a good portion of entrepreneurial spirit
- Are fluent in English and Spanish
Then this is your opportunity! Please send your curriculum and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Employers – Get the best international candidates for your company
Are you still looking for fresh, new talent? Check out our VentureVillage Job Board – you can also post your openings there. If you’re interested in posting your latest job listing here, please send an email to email@example.com
This article is a sponsored post.