Is your job-hunt beginning to feel like “some sort of mental Hunger Games against a bunch of genius kids for just a handful of jobs?” Well, keep trudging along because we’ve gathered a handful of the top Berlin startup jobs to help bring you one step closer to landing your dream career.
And if you think you’re the only one feeling this way, think again…
Point Nine Capital is looking for an Investment Associate (Truffle Pig)
We’re Pawel, Christoph and Nicolas – and together we’re Point Nine Capital, a venture capital firm based in Berlin. In fact, we’re the first internet-focused early-stage VC to come out of Berlin. We’re looking for a Truffle Pig – that is, an Investment Associate who will become an integral member of our investment team.
A big part of our job (and your job, if you join us) is somewhat similar to what the pig is doing in this video. But we’re not talking about roaming the streets to the tune of techno music. We’re talking about truffle hunting – like a truffle pig hunting for truffles. We’re constantly trying to find the best startups. Every month we get around 150 investment proposals and our job is to identify the truffles among them. Besides that, we also spend a significant amount of time trying to find the best startups before they find us. Digging up truffles from the ground, so to speak. And once we’ve found a truffle, we do everything we can to make it even more delicious.
About you (or what we think the right pig will look like)
- You’re a digital native and an early adopter of new technologies. You used Instagram when it was still cool (#before #this #happened), you bought the first generation iPhone when it came out in 2007 and you were one of SoundCloud’s first users. And this was the soundtrack of your teenage years.
- You have an insatiable hunger for truffles, thirst to learn new things, have a deep knowledge of the Internet economy and are familiar with the startup and VC world. So, when you hear “37signals” – you don’t think of body temperature. And when you hear “Sequoia” – you don’t think of the tree.
- You maintain a healthy work/life balance by defining work as life. OK, that was a half joke, but this is not a 9-to-5 job. We’re kind of like a startup ourselves and are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial drive and passion for new technology ventures.
- You do not only have a good nose, you also have truly outstanding analytical skills and you enjoy crunching numbers with Excel (or Google Spreadsheets). You’re a good communicator as well.
- If you can code or design, write great copy or if you’re really good at something else – that’s a big plus. If you have an MBA or work experience in finance, startups, consulting or even venture capital – that can be a another plus, but it’s not a must. Rocket scientists are welcome, too.
About the offer
- An extremely exciting job in a meritocratic, no-nonsense, no-ego environment
- The opportunity to meet lots of interesting people, products and technologies
- The ability to learn new things and advance your career at record speed
- A chance to immerse yourself in Berlin’s bustling startup scene and to help us create a leading European early-stage VC
- A MacBook Air or a dusty old Microsoft machine. Your choice.
- A competitive salary
- Tell us about two truffles that you are aware of. In around 250 words or less per startup, tell us why we should invest in that company. If you’re not aware of any great new startups at the moment, you can also tell us about two of your favorite companies that we have missed and that we should have invested in.
- Send us your resume and any other information you think might be helpful.
- Send us some links to your blog, social networking accounts or anything other form of online presence that might be of interest to us – LinkedIn, XING, Twitter, Quora etc.
Oink oink – that’s it and we look forward to hearing from you!
If you want to become our new truffle pig, we would love to hear from you. In order for us to be able to assess your trufflepigness, please get in touch with Nicolas:
You can read the full online version here!
Gameduell is looking for a Senior Product Manager Mobile
As a Senior Product Manager Mobile, you’ll actively help to design the future of GameDuell. GameDuell has over 80 million users worldwide and you have the chance to inspire them with a rewarding mobile experience.
You will lead a passionate, interdisciplinary Scrum Team and work together with other product managers, the marketing team and management. You will be based at our Berlin headquarters, where you will be part of a creative and culturally diverse environment – just like the city itself.
About the role
- Manage the Scrum Team: Write user stories, organise the product backlog and work closely with developers
- Inspect and adapt: Improve the existing product through findings from quantitative and qualitative user feedback
- Discovery: Create concepts, wireframes and user flows to visualise your ideas and drive decisions
- Opportunity assessments: Evaluate the market as well as the GameDuell product
- Excellent knowledge of mobile user experience – you think mobile first
- At least three years of professional experience in product management
- “Less is more” – you have a passion for mobile design
- Profound experience with wireframes and prototyping applications (e.g. Balsamiq)
- Familiar with Scrum and the role of a product owner
- You are a creative mind and analytical thinker at the same time
- Games knowledge preferred, but not mandatory
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent business English
About the offer
- A secure position at a fast-growing, success-proven and profitable company in one of the hottest and most exciting industries
- Join the dynamic spirit of a startup combined with the strength and professionalism of a profitable company with 10 years of learnings from mistakes and successes
- One of the best work places: Our office in Berlin-Mitte (Coke, fruit, pool table, ping-pong table, roof terrace)
- Become part of a team consisting of more than 200 game enthusiasts from 22 countries. A rare mix of intense A-player attitude but free of typical status and ego demeanor
If you are ready to take on this exciting challenge, we’re excited to receive get your application. Send your documents via e-mail to Ms. Anne Geißler (email@example.com), subject “Senior Product Manager Mobile”. Please note that any applications and documents sent via conventional mail will not be viewed and cannot be returned.
Twisper is looking for an iOS Developer
Waymate is looking for a Head of Marketing, CMO
Employers – get the best international candidates for your company
If you’re interested in posting your latest job listings here, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This article is a sponsored post.