We are growing and looking for an Associate to grow with us!
GMPVC German Media Pool is a new hybrid in the venture capital landscape. We invest in promising, young internet companies. Instead of cash financing, we provide these startups with large advertising campaigns. We have eight portfolio companies and three media partners.
The media for equity model we have pioneered in Germany has been featured in The Economist, The Financial Times, TechCrunch and other leading publications. It is a venture capital innovation made in Europe.
If you join us as an Associate, you will gain valuable knowledge and experience in two important areas: Venture capital and media. Our day-to-day business includes screening targets, negotiating contracts and media operations for campaigns involving TV, radio and billboard advertising.
GMPVC is based in Berlin, one of the main startup hubs of Europe.
We are looking for an Associate who is hungry to learn about venture capital and media but also does not mind getting his or her hands dirty in day-to-day work.
Above all, we want somebody who is excited about helping to shape the disruptive world of seed investments in Europe. German language would be great for communicating with partners, but not mandatory. If you have some experience at a startup, a media group, a consulting or investment firm – this would be great.
We would like to begin our relationship with a one month paid trial-run to begin ASAP. Please send your application (short CV, link to LinkedIn or Xing and Twitter handle) to firstname.lastname@example.org by latest 15 March 2013 at the latest. Oh, and one more thing: We’d love to hear which company you think should be the next GMPVC investment and why. No need for an essay – a few short sentences or bullets would be great.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Aljoscha and Niko
Ezeep is looking for a Sales Associate
ezeep is an innovative tech startup based in Berlin. We are introducing a new and simpler way to manage, share and access your printers from smartphones, tablets or computers. Our software connects your existing printer or entire print infrastructure to our web-based platform, where it can be monitored and managed securely. And since ezeep is cloud-based, you can manage and access your printers from anywhere and from any device.
We are looking for talented individuals who want to work in a fast-paced and challenging work environment with no hierarchies. We believe in nurturing an open and transparent work environment, to be productive and get things done.
About the job
- Lead qualification and customer acquisition
- Contract negotiations and closing
- Customer activations and customer support
- You love cold-calling and are incredibly good at it
- You are fluent in German and/or English, spoken and written
- You are tremendously well-organized and highly independent
- Previous startup experience is a plus
- ABC – ‘nuff said (Don’t know what that means? Don’t apply.)
Since ezeep is offering an innovative SaaS solution, there will be a lot of cold calling and telesales involved. There will be no need to travel to customers in person, which means you’ll have more time to enjoy Berlin.
Come join our team and help us change an industry that desperately needs an upgrade. Check out our website and apply now!
SponsorPay is looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
About the job
- Design, develop and maintain an in-game advertising and monetisation platform, based on Ruby on Rails.
- Be part of a SCRUM team that focuses on one of the SponsorPay products (e.g. our mobile app distribution product or our Brandengage video platform)
- Full stack development from the database all the way to the browser
- Mentor and coach other developers
- Help identify new technologies and techniques that can improve our apps and or our development processes
- Passionate about software development – naturally you have your own pet projects
- Experience driving professional Ruby on Rails projects in an agile environment
- 5+ years software development experience, 3+ years experience with Ruby
- OO design skills
- Strong testing background (TATFT)
- Very comfortable with Git and Github
- Proactive with a focus on getting things done
About the benefits
- Experience with high-traffic production systems with thousands of requests per second
- NoSQL experience
About the offer
- Work in a team with more than 15 talented developers, many senior ones
- Product-driven environment
- Casual work environment characterised by flat hierarchies, a family-like atmosphere and open environment
- Support and assistance in relocating from outside of Berlin
- Competitive remuneration package
- Fruit and free drinks everyday 🙂
Learn more about our development team at http://sponsorpay.github.com/
Vertical Media is looking for a Sales Manager
Is communicating and networking your passion? Is wrapping up deals what you live for? Do you want to work in a friendly atmosphere with lots of opportunities for development? Do you want to be part of the IT and startup hotspot in Berlin?Then, come and join us!
Vertical Media is an online publishing house based in Berlin. We specialise in the German and European startup and web scene. Amongst our diverse product portfolio are the online magazines Gründerszene and VentureVillage as well as the networking event Spätschicht and the Heureka! conference.
VentureVillage, founded in October 2011, reports on the hottest startup hubs across the continent with a special focus on Berlin and features startup stories for an international, savvy, English-speaking audience.
About the job
Your main responsibility will be the online advertising sales for VentureVillage. Besides selling banner and other online ads, this includes developing and managing an international customer base, developing and implementing new product ideas, as well as setting up strategic co-operations with other companies.
- A talented sales person with very good communication, negotiation and networking skills
- Preferably have work experience in sales, advertising, online sales and/or online marketing
- Speak and write English fluently
- Have a good international business network
- Have very good PC knowledge, especially MS Office (preferably salesforce or other CRM tools and WordPress as well)
- Proactive and have a hands-on mentality
- Interested in IT and startups
- Ideally have startup experience
About the offer
We offer an open and friendly working atmosphere where your ideas count. You will have the opportunity to grow and develop your responsibilities quickly. Our fair bonus system will demonstrate that commitment pays off. You will be part of the hottest European IT and startup scene.
How to apply
Please send your application including cover letter, CV and credentials to Ms. Chan-Mi Strüber via email email@example.com. For further information, please refer to our website: vmpublishing.com.
Employers – get the best international candidates for your company
If you’re interested in posting your latest job listings here, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org