With 2013 fast approaching, we’ve scooped some exciting career opportunities to help job-seekers start the year fresh and ready. So, if you’re up for a new work challenge, check out the jobs below and get an early start on your New Year’s resolution.
Speaking of the new year, let’s take a lil’ look back on 2012 with Google’s “most searched” video below..
Wooga is looking for an Internship Graphic Design
Kreditech is looking for a CFO / Head of Finance
This is the chance you have been waiting for to get involved as CFO / Head of Finance in one of Germany’s hottest startups with a unique combination of experienced investors, a really cool young team with a fun-performance-culture (no sales blabla here) and a castle next to the Alster as your office!
Kreditech is a Hamburg-based internationally operating technology startup company, which is financed by leading European business angels (Stefan Glaenzer, Michael Brehm, Heiko Hubertz, Felix Haas) and venture capitalists (Point9 Capital, Digital Pioneers, H2 Investments).
We’re fast expanding our business model that is disrupting the financial lending / scoring industry with innovative technology that processes loan applications with an automatised lending algorithm. We use this technology in different areas in B2C (our payday loan business) and B2B (our scoring-as-a-service) by analysing up to 8000 data points per application in real-time. Essentially, we look at any piece of data we can find about applicants online and plug this into a self-developed, self-learning magical system that pays out or rejects an application within seconds.
Being an ambitious young company, we’re building our business with a creative, talented and friendly team that is unified by one mission: to change the financing and scoring world with new ideas, data driven and automatised processes and a fresh approach to doing stuff better.
About the role and offer
As Head of Finance you will look over one of our most important functions in the financial online industry. You will be joining our management team of CEO, CTO, Head of Marketing/HR/Business Development and together, we’ll drive up the company’s growth in an efficient way by forming and fine-tuning our financial structure and allocation of assets nationally and internationally. You’ll report directly to the founders and have the chance to get equity.
- Apply for private finance in an innovative and results-orientated manner – Whether it’s international tax optimisation models, structuring of assets, issuing bonds on holding or national entity level – You will be in charge
- Learn from an experienced and performing team (mostly ex-consultants, Rocket Internet, startup guys who know what they’re doing); everything you need to know to found your own business
- Be part of the next big thing (it’s proven and profitable) in the interesting phase of going from a startup to a company
- Have responsibility over one of our most important assets: money
- Work in one of the coolest startup offices ever: Our own villa in Hamburg-Winterhude, with 3 bathrooms, 2 kitchens, boat-access to the river Alster (find some pictures here)
- Your life consists of numbers and you have the drive to monitor every single fragment of it in KPIs
- You have a Bachelor / Diploma / Master or higher degree from one of the major Business Schools/Universities in Management, Economics with a focus on Finance, Capital markets, Financial Engineering or equivalent – finished with honours in the top 20 per cent of your class.
- You have worked in investment banking, private equity, accounting, VC, as CFO in another (startup) company or equivalent for at least 3 years after your degree
- Strong experience in financial modelling and planning as well as sharp analytic skills to identify the main drivers of a business-model
- Experience with structuring financial transactions and placement of corporate finance instruments (bonds, debt factoring, debt sales)
- Understanding how to manage and optimise liquidity and taxes among a multinational corporate structure
- Knowledge of basic craftsmanship in the financial industry and are experienced in controlling and monitoring KPIs
- Even more so: you have insights into how to structure assets of a company and know how to handle currency risks in an internationally operating company
- IFRS is your bible and you also know how HGB and/or US-GAAP operate
- Experience in leading small teams of up to 10 employees and bring in required leading/management skills
- Excellent knowledge of English. German and other languages is a plus
- Can work independently with speed, and are details and results orientated
- Used to working under time pressure and are ambitious
- Eager to change the world and/or found your own internet business one day
- Entrepreneurial vision at heart
- Familiar with tax optimisation, debt structuring, public offerings (not from your corporate finance course, but first-hand experience)
We offer salary-packages, which are attractive and success-oriented including a fixed basis, KPI-driven bonuses, non-monetary add-ons and options with shares in order for you to be directly involved in the company’s success.
If you are ready for new challenges with top responsibility in the hottest German startup, don’t lose out on your chance and contact our HR team today! Have an interview tomorrow and start your dream job next week. Booomshakalaka – good stuff can be that easy! If you’re interested in joining us, please apply directly to email@example.com
Yuilop is looking for “Growth hacker” – Director of Marketing
As our “Growth Hacker” you are responsible for the whole user funnel and lifecycle: acquiring users, activating them during their first couple uses of the product, and engaging them over a longer period of usage of the product.
Location Barcelona, Spain
About the role. You will..
- Build new and unknown frontiers to find growth
- Test new ideas and be analytical in identifying growth drivers
- Operate across different disciplines and functions from product to campaigns to metric decisions
- Understand the user mindset and product flow
- Have a cohesive and systematic picture of the product
- Lead online & mobile marketing strategies direct to the consumer
- Develop and integrate advertising and social media plans aligned with corporate brand strategies and campaign initiatives to drive demand and new customer acquisition.
- Coordinate with metrics in exploring new ways to push those metrics up and identify critical user segments
- You combine data analytics with creativity and curiousity
- You have a deep understanding and curiosity of the how mobile and internet works
- You have a track record of increasing user acquisition, engagement and retention for online or mobile service
- Strong strategic, analytical thinker with excellent quantitative skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ideally you have read Nudge and Predictably Irrationality and seen the possible growth hacks
- Fluent in English
About the offer
We offer creative freedom as well as a fun work environment in Barcelona city centre with a fruit-stocked kitchen, as well as a competitive salary and Employee Stock Option Program. If you’re interested in joining us please apply directly to Jochen Doppelhammer: firstname.lastname@example.org
WirKaufens.de is looking for Head of Development/Technology/Engineering (m/w)
About the role
- Build and lead a team of software engineers to take over the wirkaufens, asgoodasnu and whitelabel platforms.
- Use your technical knowledge to make wide-reaching technology decisions
- Be responsible for the smooth continuous operation and monitoring of the platform
- Manage an agile development process
- Take active part in business and product development and take account of technical aspects
- At least three years experience in a leading development role
- Linux, Apache2, PHP5, MySQL, in-depth knowledge of web frameworks and architectures including PHP/Symfony
- Experience in Systems Architecture, Ops and DevOps
- Knowledge and experience of scaling and distribution for Web applications
- Git and svn knowledge
- Agile methodologies
- Continuous integration, deployment and Release Management
- Web services and RESTful APIs, Ebay, Amazon and/or Google Merchant APIs
- Solr or Elastic-search
- Highly analytical and a good communicator, good at technical estimation, perseverance to balance business and technical requirements with a variety of stakeholders.
- Fluent in the English language, very good German is beneficial.
About the offer
- A technological lead position in a top innovative and fast growing startup
- A modern loft office in Berlin (Kreuzberg) with a very professional working atmosphere
- An attractive salary with benefits
- A young and international team
Contact Marcus Zickler with your CV & expectations at: email@example.com
Employers – get the best international candidates for your company
If you’re interested in posting your latest job listings here, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org